BEAM Trackr PRO – Guide to Setting-up Your Device
With BEAM Trackr PRO, you gain access to a top-of-the-line GPS tracking system for your vehicles and assets. No need to be a tech whiz or to have any extra hardware, with our straightforward cloud-based platform, you can have your tracking system live in no time. And remember, our system works well with our onboard vehicle routers that feature GPS and any of our GPS/GNSS tracking devices. Click here to get the BEAM Trackr PRO guide.
Before you can see your device on the BEAM Trackr PRO console, you need to do a little set up. This ensures that your tracking device’s location and any telematics data (where applicable) are sent to our servers properly. Since different devices have different management setups, this guide will walk you through the process for devices we provide.
Remember, you’ll need a valid subscription for each device to view them on the console.
Step 1: Purchase a Subscription
Start by getting a valid subscription for your tracking device. You can do this by navigating to our Platform Subscription page and following the easy steps.
Step 2: Set Up Your Device
Different devices may have different setup processes, but don’t worry, we’ll guide you through the process for each of the devices we provide.
First, you’ll need these server details to where your device should send the data:
RUT955, RUT956 and RUTX50 Devices
- Connect to the device by either network cable (Ethernet) or via Wi-Fi. The Quick Start Guide here has more information.
- Log into the Admin Console. The Quick Start Guide here has details on how to do this.
- Once you are logged in, you can access the GPS Settings page by selecting the Services menu and then selecting GPS. Full details about configuring this module can be found in the manual here.
- On the General page, switch the Enabled option to On.
- Then go to the AVL page. In the AVL Server Settings, switch the Enabled option to On.
- In the Hostname field, enter data.trackrspace.net
- In the Protocol drop-down, make sure that TCP is selected.
- In the Port field, enter 12070
- Click Save & Apply and your device will now be enabled for GPS tracking and will start sending data to the BEAM Trackr PRO platform. You should also see your exact location on the Map page.
- You may want to explore more advanced Rule settings which define when location data is collected and sent to the server. These settings will depending on your application, therefore please read this section of the manual for more information.
We hope this guide makes your setup process easier. If you encounter any issues, don’t hesitate to reach out to our customer service team who are always ready to assist.