BeamOS Release 23 Deployed #
05 Feb 2018
This release will be applied to devices that currently have Release 19 or later. As well as general bug fixes and performance improvements, the following updates have been made:
- Improved mobile network searching when the SIM is roaming outside of its Home Network.
- SIM card available networks will be forced to refresh when no network can be found after a period of time.
- Improved modem hardware monitoring to detect onboard firmware crashes. The unit will attempt automatic recovery in the event of a detected crash.
- New LED status indication when a valid mobile network is being searched for.
- Detailed diagnostic logging to assist with mobile network connectivity issues, including SIM card checking.
- Faster boot-up time.
- Boot-up LED sequences changed to provide additional diagnostics information in the event of a start-up issue.
- BeamCare customers will benefit from the additional mobile network logging to our central servers to assist in suspected connectivity issues.
- Readiness for live signal quality and mobile data usage reporting on the Beam Insight platform.